Travel fellowships will be available to support up to ten graduate and professional students or postdoctoral trainees from any country. Financial support for selected trainees will include:
● Two nights of hotel accommodation at the Riverside Mission Inn (May 20-22)
● Travel reimbursement (up to $1,400 for international and $600 for domestic trainees)
● Workshop registration fee (covering all meals during the workshop)
Applicants for the trainee travel fellowship are asked to submit the following materials in support of their application:
● An abstract for presentation at the workshop. All trainees selected for a travel award will be asked to prepare a poster for participation in our poster session during the workshop. In addition, trainees can select whether they opt to present their work through a regular oral presentation (15 min) or as a rapid poster presentation (5 min). Your abstract should include the following sections:
○ Abstract Title
○ Presenter Name
○ Complete Author List and Affiliations: Please use this format: Last name, first name (institution name), last name, first name (institution name), last name, first name (institution name), etc. If all authors are from the same institution, please list the institution only once (after the first author)
○ Abstract text (250 words max). Please format your abstract using single-spaced text in Arial font size 11
● A personal statement. The statement is limited to one, single-spaced page with a minimum font size of 11 that must include the following:
○ Area of research and contribution to promoting knowledge on environmental transmission of Toxoplasma
○ Statement of financial need
○ Contribution to diversity in research (e.g., racial, social, ethnic or gender diversity and inclusion)
Trainees who are interested in applying for travel support are encouraged to apply using the linked application form here no later than February 10th, 2022. Please submit your abstract and statement as a single pdf file with the filename in this format: last name_first name_workshop_application.pdf (e.g. smith_john_workshop_application.pdf).
Please note that if you are interested in applying for travel support to attend both the workshop and the main ToxoXVI Congress - you must apply for both fellowships individually.